ESSENTIAL PARENTING PLUS COURSE
Offered for court-ordered clients. Private, personalized, flexible and convenient. Classes are typically offered in Oakland (sometimes Genesee County). Certificates of Completion are available.
Personal Stress Management/Personal Responsibility/Modeling Behavior
- How stress impacts individuals, parenting, and children for life
- Stress management techniques (recognizing stress and triggers, deescalating conflict)
- Understanding/establishing personal control. Children feel safe when parents act responsibly, model controlled behavior, and provide a stable environment.
- Understanding parental control: effective and appropriate use of control/influence
- Understanding control as it relates to co-parenting in separate households
The 4 Parenting Styles (authoritarian, authoritative, permissive, neglectful)
- Understanding the parenting styles; How each style impacts children
- Recognizing your parenting style; Understanding your co-parent’s style
- Positive/authoritative parenting techniques
Positive Parenting Methods
- Understanding how children learn (to become functioning adults)
- Punishment vs. discipline, Rewards vs. bribes, Positive reinforcement
- Positive parenting techniques
Implementing the 6-Cs
(Collaborative communication, Clear and appropriate Rules/Expectations/Responsibil
- Based on authoritative principles (positive parenting techniques)
- Raising future adults (responsibility, life lessons, independence, problem solving)
- Creating a personalized 6-C family plan
CONTACT SUSAN at (248) 762-1081 to schedule an appointment or for more information.